There are lots of different ways to organise or take part in a fundraising activity in aid of our work this year. We’d be delighted to have your help!
However you choose to support us, we’d be delighted if you would like to undertake a fundraising activity in 2022.
You may already have a challenge in mind:
- Walking, running or cycling challenges
- Being part of a organised event – live or virtual
- Fitness challenges closer to home
- Virtual social activities
- Or take a look at our A to Z of fundraising ideas!
If you are daunted by the idea of taking part in an active challenge – don’t be – people who participate by running or cycling in aid of Prostate Scotland are made up of people who just want to make a difference. Our fundraisers include people of all ages and experiences, from many who had never run a race before to some who have run several marathons – all bound together with one clear aim – to make a difference for those with prostate disease.
- The Rolling Hills Chorus held a fundraising Quiz via Zoom
- Bryan, Suzanne and Amelia performed a concert via Facebook Live
- Colleagues from Rail Systems Alliance Scotland grew moustaches to raise funds and awareness of prostate cancer
- David cycled 900 miles over 3 months around Edinburgh
- Ashleigh set herself a running and walking challenge of 100 Miles in May while delivering work packs to her pupils
And even more ideas in 2021:
- Bobby ran a virtual Lands Ends to John O’Groats challenge
- Edzell Men’s Shed bagged a Munro
- The Gentle Giant Mighty Hikers walked the Rob Roy Way
- Aden Allotments and PGL Aberdeenshire East got together for their Take-Away Feed
- Rotary Club across Scotland joined in the Rotary Ride for Prostate Cancer
Head to our news pages for many more fantastic fundraising examples to inspire you!
Please note that you can apply for a free charity place in some events when you’re fundraising for Prostate Scotland. Head to our events pages to take a look at what’s on.
And the family can join in too! Family friendly events include:
- The Supernova 5K at the Kelpies – returning in March – places available via Prostate Scotland
- And in April, the first live Kiltwalk of 2022 returns to Glasgow, and to Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh later in the year. There’s also Scotland’s Virtual Kiltwalk where you get the chance to invent your own challenge and complete it in a location to suit you – places available via Prostate Scotland
Charity Golf Tournament
- Our supporter Chris Igoe is running his third Charity Golf Tournament 0n Saturday 23 July. This fantastic popular event takes place at Kings Acre Golf Course in Lasswade, Midlothian. Tickets include competition entry, morning roll & soup as well as many prizes to be won on the day at the price of £100 per 4 ball. The following Saturday is the prize giving night with entry priced at £5. Please contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org to enter.
We realise that the current situation has made life difficult for many people and families. We understand if this is not a time that you can support us financially. There are many ways that you can still support us non financially, including generating free donations when you shop online.
The key requirement for all fundraising
…is that you must stay safe and follow up-to-date Scottish Government and NHS guidelines, on staying safe and on social distancing. We are here to support you in your fundraising – you can contact our Supporter Care team here, at email@example.com or on 0131 603 8664 or 0131 603 8660.
A big thank you for your support!