We are committed to protecting and using your personal information in a sensitive manner which reflects the ethos and values of Prostate Scotland whilst also complying with applicable laws and regulations, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation which came into effect on the 25th May 2018. We are committed to conforming with your expressed wishes with respect to holding and using your personal information. We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is Z151194.
We process information to enable us to:
- Provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the national public as specified in our constitution;
- Undertake research to benefit people with prostate disease;
- Administer supporters and membership;
- Fundraise and promote the interest of the charity;
- Manage and support our employees and volunteers;
- Maintain our accounts and records;
- Improve our work and services
- We will only send marketing information to those people that have requested, stated or consented or where we have a legitimate interest to do so ;
- We may receive information about you for the purposes of taking forward our work where you have given permission to other parties to share it with us such as from JustGiving, Virgin Money Giving, BT MyDonate (these organisations may have their own Privacy policies);
- Depending on your settings on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Skype you might give us permission to receive information from you, and give us permission to respond to you;
- We want to make our website as easy and effective as possible and assist in people their experience of it – this may involve us in placing/ storing ‘cookies’ on your computer to assist in visiting pages. You can adjust the settings in your web browser to determine whether you wish to receive such cookies on your computer and we provide links on our website to enable you to adjust your settings should you not wish to receive cookies. https://www.prostatescotland.org.uk/cookies-policy
- We may occasionally include information in mailings from selected partners and organisations that support us and help us in our work.
- We may gather information for research purposes from supporters and other people, for the purposes of research to further our work. This can involve receiving sensitive health information. Such information is stored carefully and is used for learning about developments, trends, perspectives and to help bring about improvements for to benefit people with prostate disease. Information identifying individuals will not be made public, unless the individual/s has/have consented to it be made public.
- It may occasionally be necessary to transfer personal information overseas. We are working towards ensuring that this information is only shared within the European Economic Area (EEA), or with providers who have signed the EU/US data privacy shield agreement. Any transfers made will be in full compliance with the Data Protection Act. (Some third parties will have their own privacy policies and Prostate Scotland cannot be held responsible for the policies of other organisations).
- If you use our website or services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services
- Details which are non-sensitive (your email address etc) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information we cannot guarantee the security of information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk
- We will not sell personal details to third parties
- We will not give personal details to third parties, unless we are working with a partner to help communicate with you or to provide a service to you;
- We may share information and where relevant personal data you have given us with our clinical advisers and research partners in order to obtain advice to answer questions that you may have, or to help us fulfil a service to you, or to assist in the claiming of Gift Aid , and where relevant to protect or fulfil our legal rights and obligations;
- We may share personal data you have given us with our financial, legal advisers and regulatory bodies in order to obtain advice to answer questions that you may have, or to help us fulfil a service to you, and where relevant to protect or fulfil our legal rights and obligations;
- We may share information with relevant authorities such as the Police where it may be necessary to protect individuals, prevent fraud and to comply with the law.
- Some people (eg volunteers, supporters, ambassadors or individuals) choose to share with us details about their experience or views to help us in our work. Where we have the person’s permission we may share these publicly to promote our cause and issue.
Requesting access or deletion of personal data held by Prostate Scotland on our database
- We shall provide details of personal data which we hold on individuals to those individuals following the supply of appropriate identification by the individual concerned and shall respond in a written format within 7 working days of a written and verifiable request.
- We shall amend any inaccuracies and confirm our actions in writing within 7 working days of receiving verifiable updated information from the individual concerned.
- We shall delete personal data from our database at the verifiable request of the individual concerned within 7 days of that verifiable request.
In the event of questions or for further information about this policy contact us at Prostate Scotland at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Prostate Scotland, 14 Torphichen Place, Edinburgh, EH3 8DU, telephone on 01316038660, or via the contact form at www.prostatescotland.org.uk/contact-us