Five solo cyclists took up cycling challenges in aid of our work in 2020. Their combined efforts raised over £9,000 in funds to support our work!
You can set your cycling challenge according to your ability!
You may be cycling close to home, or cycling further afield. Here are some great challenge ideas:
- Hazel set herself the Prost8 14 day cycling challenge around Moray
- David cycled 900 miles over 3 months around Edinburgh
- Ken celebrated his birthday with a Double Marathon cycle
- George cycled from Glasgow to Edinburgh on the Forth & Union Canals
- Joe cycled the 54 mile Suie Classic Sportive route in Aberdeenshire
In 2021 and 2022, Rotarians and Rotary Clubs throughout Scotland took part in the Rotary Ride for Prostate Cancer. They’re now gearing up for Rotary Ride for Prostate Cancer 2023! It’s a fantastic UK wide initiative where Rotary Clubs fundraise and raise awareness of prostate cancer in their local communities. You don’t have to be a Rotarian to join in – head to the Rotary Ride website to find a ride near you!
Visit Scotland have compiled great information on cycling in Scotland, including:
Sustrans is the custodian of the National Cycle Network – the UK-wide network of over 12,000 miles of signed paths and routes for walking, wheeling, cycling and exploring outdoors. Head to Sustrans to find a route!
Other fundraising ideas
- Running or walking challenges
- Be a part of an organised event
- Fitness challenges closer to home
- Virtual social activities
We’re here to support you in your fundraising – contact us at:
- Register to support Prostate Scotland – Prostate Scotland
- 0131 603 8664 or 07989 731 270