Support Prostate Scotland in the Rotary Ride for Prostate Cancer 2021!
The Rotary Ride for Prostate Cancer is back for 2021! The Rotary Ride is a Rotary GB and Ireland initiative aimed at supporting the prostate cancer charities and increasing awareness of prostate cancer, through Rotary Clubs organising and supporting rides in their localities. You could hold your own event such as an individual or small team cycle in your local area, or use an exercise bike. Perhaps you can connect on an online platform such as Zoom and cycle with your friends, family or your Rotary Club virtually! You can set your own cycling challenge your way.
Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th September 2021 – or alternatively on a date to suit you
Prostate Scotland can only deliver support to men and their families affected by prostate cancer and disease through the generosity of those who make donations towards our work. We currently receive no government or local authority assistance, therefore we have to generate all our own income.
You can deliver much needed support by contributing to our work. We would welcome your involvement and support which can be fulfilled in a variety of ways:
- Make a donation to help us take forward our work
- Become involved as a fundraiser – in the Rotary Ride or have a look at our other fundraising ideas
- Volunteer to assist us in our projects
The support of Rotary has enabled us to reach out to many more people and helps spread the word about the importance of prostate awareness in their communities, as well as helping us with funds to take forward and extend our work across Scotland.
We’d be delighted to have your help in 2021!
- More about Supporting Prostate Scotland
- What we achieved in 2020
- COMPASS: Our new range of support and well-being services to support men and their families to navigate prostate cancer
Rotary Ride for Prostate Cancer 2021
For several years, we’ve enjoyed the support of Rotary Clubs across Scotland who have participated in the Rotary Ride for Prostate Cancer as well as a host of other activities. Many Rotary Clubs organised cycle challenges in and around their communities, ranging from athletic sportive rides, local family rides to static bike challenges. Rotarians and their families all over Scotland joined this UK wide initiative to raise awareness and funds in aid of Prostate Scotland.
We’re also delighted to receive ongoing engagement from individual Rotarians and Rotary Clubs. They have fundraised in aid of our work in their communities in an imaginative variety of ways. Rotarians have run coffee mornings, book sales and tombolas; sold Christmas puddings; participated in vintage car rallies and held a swimathon. One Rotarian even made a fundraising Christmas party appearance as a virtual Santa!
- The Rotary Club of Hamilton Rotary Ride January 2020
- Rotarian Joe McDowall’s Solo Cycle Challenge September 2020
- Riders on a roll as Tain target is tripled
Photo credit (photo above right): Donald Stewart FRPS
Prostate Scotland celebrates Rotary Rides
While the Rotary Ride for Prostate Cancer was mostly unable to go ahead last year, we ’re delighted to celebrate the Rotary Rides 2018 in the short film below.
Credit: Tim Dawson
Photo credit (photo above) and other photos included in slideshow: Donald Stewart FRPS
So, what next?
- Download the Rotary Ride 2021 Guidance Pack
- Submit the form below to get in touch with Prostate Scotland
- Take a look at our other videos of previous Rotary Rides for ideas
- Take a look at our Cycling Challenges page for more ideas
- Set your Rotary Ride for Prostate Cancer challenge!
- invite us for a virtual presentation
- have a look at our other fundraising ideas
Other easy ways to support Prostate Scotland: we realise that the current situation has made life difficult for many people and families. We understand if this is not a time that you or your club can support us financially. There are many ways that you can still support us non financially, including generating free donations when you shop online.