Setting up a Fundraising Page in aid of Prostate Scotland
We have 2 preferred options for you to consider:
Justgiving and Virginmoneygiving
- Through an organisation called Justgiving – which is straightforward, and saves you a lot of time. Justgiving enables you to set up your own personal online fundraising site very quickly – it allows you to explain what you are doing, why you are doing it, the charity of your choice and set your own fundraising target. It lets you see who has sponsored you, the messages of support people have left for you and even allows you to have a special automatic thank you facility to acknowledge and thank your supporters and sponsors. This site enables people to donate immediately and add any Gift Aid directly if appropriate. Your personal Just Giving Page lets you see how much you have raised towards your own target by literally pressing a button. Justgiving can be found at www.justgiving.com and Prostate Scotland’s site is found by going to http://www.justgiving.com/prostatescotland.
- Just follow the steps below to create your own page for Prostate Scotland:
- Go to www.justgiving.com and in the bottom left hand corner of the dialogue box is a question ‘New to Just Giving?’ Click Sign up and then enter your details and create a password.
- When asked ‘Are you fundraising for a registered charity?,’ select ‘Yes, continue’.
- Search for Prostate Scotland and select us – this allows the money you have raised to be automatically allocated to Prostate Scotland without you having to do anything else
- You can select whether you’re taking part in an event, celebrating an occasion, fundraising in memory of someone or doing your own thing.
- If you can’t see your event listed, select ‘Add your own’ at the bottom of the page and tell everyone a bit more about your activity.
- Choose your web address – this is the link you’ll be sharing with friends and family when asking them to donate.
- Tick ‘Yes’ if you’re running a bake sale, or selling tickets to an event, raffle or auction. Donations to your Page won’t be eligible for Gift Aid. Find out more here.
- Click ‘Create your page’ and off you go! If you require further help and assistance please try logging onto https://help.justgiving.com/hc/en-us/articles/200669491-Setting-up-your-Fundraising-Page