Set up a Fundraising Page in aid of Prostate Scotland
Our preferred fundraising page provider is JustGiving. Setting up a page is straightforward and saves you a lot of time.
JustGiving enables you to:
- Set up your own personal online fundraising site very quickly.
- Explain what you are doing, why you are doing it, the charity of your choice and set your own fundraising target.
- See your sponsors and their messages of support, and even allows you to have a special automatic thank you facility to acknowledge and thank your supporters and sponsors.
- Donate immediately and add any Gift Aid directly if appropriate.
- See how much you have raised towards your own target by simply pressing a button.
Just follow the steps below to create your own page for Prostate Scotland:
- Go to justgiving.com and in the bottom left-hand corner of the dialogue box is a question ‘New to Just Giving?’ Click Sign up and then enter your details and create a password.
- When asked ‘Are you fundraising for a registered charity?,’ select ‘Yes, continue’.
- Search for Prostate Scotland and select us – this allows the money you have raised to be automatically allocated to Prostate Scotland without you having to do anything else.
- You can select whether you’re taking part in an event, celebrating an occasion, fundraising in memory of someone or doing your own thing.
- If you can’t see your event listed, select ‘Add your own’ at the bottom of the page and tell everyone a bit more about your activity.
- Choose your web address – this is the link you’ll be sharing with friends and family when asking them to donate.
- Tick ‘Yes’ if you’re running a bake sale, or selling tickets to an event, raffle or auction. Donations to your Page won’t be eligible for Gift Aid. Find out more here.
- Click ‘Create your page’ and off you go!
- Further help and assistance can be found here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0131 603 8664
Your Fundraising Page is now set up and ready to accept donations. The money that you raise will be sent to Prostate Scotland directly.
Now you can start on the fun stuff:
- Personalising your page
- Sharing it friends and family
- Link to our website on Facebook with @prostatescotlandfundraisersandsupporters
- Tag Prostate Scotland on Twitter with @prostatescot
JustGiving have also compiled their top 10 fundraising tips to boost your online fundraising.
Want to integrate your JustGiving page with Strava?
JustGiving has launched an integration with the free fitness app Strava, so you can now share your fitness activities, including training pics, maps and total distances, straight from Strava to your Fundraising Page. Head to JustGiving for a step by step guide and practical tips that you need to get started, from how you can set up the integration, to ways that you can enhance your fitness fundraising experience. Adding Strava to your JustGiving account is free of charge.