Set up a Fundraising Page in aid of Prostate Scotland
- Through an organisation called JustGiving – which is straightforward, and saves you a lot of time. JustGiving enables you to set up your own personal online fundraising site very quickly – it allows you to explain what you are doing, why you are doing it, the charity of your choice and set your own fundraising target. It lets you see your sponsors and their messages of support, and even allows you to have a special automatic thank you facility to acknowledge and thank your supporters and sponsors. This site enables people to donate immediately and add any Gift Aid directly if appropriate. Your personal Just Giving Page lets you see how much you have raised towards your own target by literally pressing a button. JustGiving can be found at justgiving.com and Prostate Scotland’s site is found by going to justgiving.com/prostatescotland
- Just follow the steps below to create your own page for Prostate Scotland:
- Go to justgiving.com and in the bottom left hand corner of the dialogue box is a question ‘New to Just Giving?’ Click Sign up and then enter your details and create a password.
- When asked ‘Are you fundraising for a registered charity?,’ select ‘Yes, continue’.
- Search for Prostate Scotland and select us – this allows the money you have raised to be automatically allocated to Prostate Scotland without you having to do anything else.
- You can select whether you’re taking part in an event, celebrating an occasion, fundraising in memory of someone or doing your own thing.
- If you can’t see your event listed, select ‘Add your own’ at the bottom of the page and tell everyone a bit more about your activity.
- Choose your web address – this is the link you’ll be sharing with friends and family when asking them to donate.
- Tick ‘Yes’ if you’re running a bake sale, or selling tickets to an event, raffle or auction. Donations to your Page won’t be eligible for Gift Aid. Find out more here.
- Click ‘Create your page’ and off you go!
- Further help and assistance can be found here or contact us at email@example.com or on 0131 603 8664
Your Fundraising Page is now set up and ready to accept donations. The money that you raise will be sent to Prostate Scotland directly. Now you can start on the fun stuff – personalising your page and sharing it friends and family. There are lots of tips on how to do this here. In your social media pages you can link to our website and tag Prostate Scotland – on Facebook with @prostatescotlandfundraisersandsupporters and on Twitter with @prostatescot
JustGiving have compiled their top 10 fundraising tips to boost your online fundraising.
Want to integrate your JustGiving page with Strava?
JustGiving has launched an integration with the free fitness app Strava, so you can now share your fitness activities, including training pics, maps and total distances, straight from Strava to your Fundraising Page. Head to JustGiving for a step by step guide and practical tips that you need to get started, from how you can set up the integration, to ways that you can enhance your fitness fundraising experience. Adding Strava to your JustGiving account is free of charge.
Virgin Money Giving
We have a site at Virgin Money Giving which is similar to Justgiving and also enables you to set up a fundraising page quickly and easily, allowing friends and family to sponsor you. It can be found here
From our page you can:
- Start fundraising
- Make a donation
- Donate your stuff
There are also excellent ‘how to’ guides:
- How to set up your Virgin Money Giving fundraising page
- How to make your Virgin Money Giving page brilliant – great ideas to engage your supporters and increase fundraising
- How to promote your fundraising – expert fundraising tips on how to get your efforts noticed
- How to get donations and invigorate for your fundraising campaign – top tips on how to engage donors
- Top 10 Fundraising Tips – creative ideas to increase sponsorship