Scottish Half Marathon 2024
Date: 18th Aug 2024
Street Address: Meadowmill Sports Centre
Postcode: EH33 1LZ
The Scottish Half Marathon is a popular running event with a fun and friendly atmosphere, and usually benefits from some sunshine and warmth too! It also provides an ideal opportunity for you to set yourself a personal best.
- We have free fundraising places available – read on for how to apply for yours!
About the route…
Following the East Lothian coastline for over half of the distance, this route is flat and rapid. For this Half Marathon you will start from Tranent, near Edinburgh, and head east past Longniddry and then onto the beautiful East Lothian coast. Once you’ve turned west, you’ll run through the picturesque harbour towns of Port Seton, Cockenzie and Prestonpans, before finishing in the final furlong at Musselburgh Racecourse; Scotland’s oldest racecourse. This event starts conveniently at 11am.
The Scottish Half Marathon event is held on the same day as the Scottish 10K. The 10K route starts and finishes at Musselburgh Racecourse, running through Prestonpans and along the coast to Cockenzie before looping back.
As a supporter undertaking this event in aid of Prostate Scotland you’ll receive:
- Pre-race information about how to get sponsorship and fundraise and how to make it easy, safe and fun!
- Specially designed Prostate Scotland T or running shirt/vest
- Post- race a Prostate Scotland Certificate of Appreciation
You’ll also receive the following from The Scottish Half Marathon:
- Great finisher’s medal
- Wicking finisher’s T-shirt
- Accurate chip timing
- Grandstand finish at Musselburgh Racecourse
- And more – head to 2024 Scottish Half Marathon Event Information for more details!