Zipslide the Clyde in September!
We are pleased to offer supporters the amazing opportunity to be part of the adrenaline-charged Zipslide the Clyde, a stunning 100ft high adventure which launches next to the Glasgow Riverside Museum!
It’s a unique and exhilarating way to experience the adventure and thrill of a Zipslide launching from a crane beside Glasgow’s Riverside Museum. This is a 100ft high and 1000ft long challenge and you’ll zip down towards the Tall Ship. It’s organised by the charity SBH Scotland and supplied and run by UK Bungee Club.
The Zipslide is taking place on Saturday 14th September. We offer free places for those taking part in aid of Prostate Scotland – apply now!
As a supporter you will receive:
- Pre-event information about how to get sponsorship and fundraise, and how to make it easy, safe and fun!
- Prostate Scotland T shirt
- Post-event a Prostate Scotland Certificate of Appreciation
It’s a fantastic fundraising experience and you can take part as an individual. It’s also a great opportunity to raise sponsorship with a group of colleagues, friends or family and take part as a team! You’ll join other participants who’ll also be Zipsliding to support the charities and causes they care about. Apply now for your place!
Health & Safety Information
- Participants in aid of Prostate Scotland must be a minimum age of 18 years.
- You must be over 25Kg (3.9 stone) under 100 KG (17.3) stone in weight and you must enter the event under your own name. You may not change places with another person without seeking permission from Prostate Scotland at least 10 days prior to the event.
- Waist harnesses fit waist size of 40cm (15.7 inches) to 125cm (49.2 inches)
- You may not take part in the Zipslide if you are:
- Under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
- If you are not in good health, you should not zipslide
- You must read the Health Warning Notice at: UKBC – Health Warning Notice – Zip Wire (1) issued by the UK Bungee Club. By registering to participate you confirm that you have read the Health Warning Notice and are fit to participate in the Zipslide. You will also be sent a link to an electronic copy for you to download.
If any of the following apply, you must seek professional medical advice before participating and sign a non-standard waiver.
- High blood pressure
- Heart condition
- Suffer from dizziness or epilepsy
- Damage to neck, back, spinal column, legs or eyes
- Medication – if you are taking any form of prescribed medication, please inform us of how this may affect you
- Aged 50 years or above – we strongly advise that you seek medical advice prior to taking part
- All participants enter this event entirely at their own risk and Prostate Scotland and SBH Scotland shall not be liable for any injury of loss that might occur because of your participation. All participants are insured by the supplier and will be asked to sign a waiver on the day.
- There is a stringent risk assessment process in place for the event which aims to minimise the risk to everyone taking part. However, by taking part in this event, you acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks. If you have any concerns or queries, please contact us before agreeing to take part in this event.
- All participants must abide by the rules, instructions and regulations provided in advance, displayed or given on the day by Prostate Scotland and SBH Scotland staff and contracted agencies, police and officials.
- Participants’ supporters and family members who spectate at events do so entirely at their own risk and Prostate Scotland and SBH Scotland shall not be liable for any injury or loss that might occur as a result of their attendance.