In 2023, 14,000 Glasgow Kiltwalkers stepped out to support their favourite charities, and our 34 Kiltwalkers helped to raise an amazing £11,297 for Prostate Scotland. What an achievement!
We’re delighted that four Kiltwalks are planned for 2024, in Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh. We offer our supporters a free place when they fundraise for us in any of the Kiltwalk routes. You have a choice of three routes in the Glasgow event. It’s ideal for a group of colleagues, friends or family to take part in as a team. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming, and you’ll be fundraising too!
The event is not timed, not a race, and walkers of all capabilities are welcomed. Dogs can join in with their owners! And…wearing your kilt or a touch of tartan with your Prostate Scotland t-shirt is all part of the experience!
- we offer a free charity place to our fundraisers – just fill in our form
- there are 3 challenges – 22.6 miles, 14.2 miles or 3.1 miles – you choose
- want to buy your own place? Head to the Kiltwalk website to buy your own place
- I’ve already bought my place and would like a free Prostate Scotland t shirt
Choose your route!
The routes of each Kiltwalk vary, depending on your choice of distance.
The Wee Wander – this is an easier challenge of 3.1 miles. If you’d like to fundraise with a young family, this could be an ideal event for you.
Cost of registration: Child £6.50 (5-15 years)/Adult £12.50
The Big Stroll – an intermediate challenge suitable for most fitness levels, ideal for a fun day out with a group or an older family. This route is 14.2 miles long. Walkers aged 10 and above can take part in the Big Stroll.
Cost of registration: £20.00
The Mighty Stride – the biggest Kiltwalk challenge, where training is essential. This route is 22.6 miles long. Walkers aged 13 and above can take part in the Mighty Stride.
Children and young people under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the Event.
When you fundraise in aid of Prostate Scotland, we’ll send you:
- Pre-event information about how to get sponsorship and fundraise and how to make it easy, safe and fun!
- Specially designed Prostate Scotland T shirt
- Post-walk a Prostate Scotland Certificate of Appreciation
How to get your free charity place:
We offer a free charity place in the Glasgow Kiltwalk for our fundraisers. We buy a 100% discount code from the organisers – please fill in our form to request your code. It usually takes us 2-4 days to organise. Once we have emailed your code to you, you should register as soon as possible at thekiltwalk.co.uk, purchase your place, and apply your code at the checkout.
You must sign up successfully as soon as you can to guarantee your entry at thekiltwalk.co.uk
The Kiltwalk will also help you set up an online fundraising page later on (optional).
You’ll receive a warm welcome and lots of encouragement from the Kiltwalk team whether you take a Wee Wander, Big Stroll or a Mighty Stride!
- Age restrictions apply to all participants. Only participants aged 13 and above can take part in the Mighty Stride; only participants aged 10 and above can take part in the Big Stroll; and only participants aged 5 and above can take part in the Wee Wander. Children and young people under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the Event. Any person under the age of 16 wishing to participate in the Event must obtain the written consent of their parent or legal guardian in the form provided by The Kiltwalk for participation in the Event.
- Groups of children aged between 5-7 years old must be accompanied by at least one adult for every eight children and for children aged 8 to 16 years old there must be one adult for every 10 children for the duration of the Event.
- The Kiltwalk events are funded solely by walker registration fees, corporate sponsors and The Hunter Foundation, who underwrite all Kiltwalk costs. For more information, go to thekiltwalk.co.uk/charity/fundraising/where-your-money-goes