Great Scottish Run 10K 2021
Date: 3rd Oct 2021
The Great Scottish Run 10K in Glasgow is Scotland’s biggest running event with tens of thousands of runners taking part, and we are delighted to have several free charity places in the 10K run to offer to our supporters. This popular and established weekend of running is televised live on BBC. It has a fantastic atmosphere with an enthusiastic crowd to cheer you on as you make your way around the city and its famous landmarks. It is provisionally scheduled to take place on 3rd October 2021.
Setting off from George Square in the city centre, the route winds past The Hydro, Finnieston Crane, Pacific Quay, and then onto the McLellan Arch before the finish line at Glasgow Green. You’ll cross the River Clyde a few times, and there’s musical entertainment planned along the way too – watch this space!
The popular 10k course is an adaptation of the well known half marathon but shares many of the key landmarks with the longer route.
As a supporter undertaking this event in aid of Prostate Scotland you will receive:
- Pre-race information about how to get sponsorship and fundraise and how to make it easy, safe and fun!
- Training tips and information from those who have previously run, including from an international marathon coach
- Specially designed Prostate Scotland T or running shirt/vest and water bottle
- Post- race a Prostate Scotland Certificate of Appreciation
The Great Scottish Run will provide:
- Great finisher’s medal
- Finisher’s T-shirt
- Accurate chip timing
- And a fantastic running experience!