We’re delighted to offer free places in the Great North Run 2024 to our fundraisers and supporters. It’s the world’s biggest Half Marathon!
In this hugely popular and friendly event, you’ll join 57,000 people running from Newcastle to South Shields. The route takes you through Newcastle’s historic city centre towards the famous Quayside, where you’ll catch a glimpse of the tilting Millenium Bridge, Baltic Centre and Sage Concert Hall before running over the iconic Tyne Bridge with thousands of other competitors into the most famous shot of the TV coverage. Then you’ll pass by Gateshead International Stadium and towards South Shields where the North Sea comes into view, and you are within touching distance of completing your own Great North Run 2024.
The Great North Run is a world-renowned running event which raises millions of pounds for charity. Established in 1981, it’s a firm favourite in the UK running calendar and an iconic event. Many of our supporters have taken part in previous years, and really enjoyed the atmosphere and the welcoming cheers from the crowds lining the route to cheer them on!
We’ll support you with:
- a free charity place when you fundraise for us – just fill in our form to apply!
- Pre-race information about how to get sponsorship and fundraise and how to make it easy, safe and fun!
- Specially designed Prostate Scotland running shirt/vest
- Post- race a Prostate Scotland Certificate of Appreciation
On the event day you’ll also get…
- A medal, an exclusive finishers t-shirt, plus a finisher’s bag filled with goodies
- Your official result ready shortly after you cross the finish line
- Runners Rewards – access to special offers for participants, from Great North Run partners and sponsors
- A huge round of applause as you cross the finish!
More information on the event is available from the Great North Run
- We can offer a free place to run in aid of Prostate Scotland, and this does not include overnight accommodation nor transport to the event, which the participant would need to fund themselves
- Our free places are for the Half Marathon (13.1 mile) event