Scottish Half Marathon 2021
Date: 19th Sep 2021
Street Address: Meadowmill Sports Centre
Postcode: EH33 1LZ
The Scottish Half Marathon 2021 is a popular running event with a fun and friendly atmosphere, and usually benefits from some sunshine and warmth too! It also provides an ideal opportunity for you to set yourself a personal best. Following the East Lothian coastline for over half of the distance, this route is flat and rapid. For this Half Marathon you will start from Tranent, near Edinburgh, and head east past Longniddry and then onto the beautiful East Lothian coast. Once you’ve turned west, you’ll run through the picturesque harbour towns of Port Seton, Cockenzie and Prestonpans, before finishing in the final furlong at Musselburgh Racecourse; Scotland’s oldest racecourse. The Scottish Half Marathon starts conveniently at 11am too.
The Scottish Half Marathon event is held on the same day and in conjunction with the Scottish 10K. The 10K route starts and finishes at Musselburgh Racecourse, running through Prestonpans and along the coast to Cockenzie, from where you will loop back before heading for your grandstand finish.
As a supporter undertaking this event in aid of Prostate Scotland you will receive:
- Pre-race information about how to get sponsorship and fundraise and how to make it easy, safe and fun!
- Training tips and information from those who have previously run, including from an international marathon coach
- Specially designed Prostate Scotland T or running shirt/vest and water bottle
- Post- race a Prostate Scotland Certificate of Appreciation
The Scottish Half Marathon will provide:
- Great finisher’s medal
- Wicking finisher’s T-shirt
- Race recovery pack
- Accurate chip timing
- Tailored training plan
- Water & Energy Gels on route
- Grandstand finish at Musselburgh Racecourse
- And a fantastic running experience!