Men’s 10K Edinburgh 2021
Date: 24th Oct 2021
Street Address: Royal Mile
The Men’s 10K Edinburgh is run along a fantastic route which winds its way around the heart of the city, taking in many of the iconic landmarks and stunning world renowned architecture.
- has continued to be popular amongst our supporters, with many participating more than once
- is a great entry level event if you’ve recently taken up running: consistently around 40% of the men taking part have never entered a running event before
- is run in conjunction with the Women’s 10K Edinburgh on the same morning
The emphasis of the Men’s 10K Edinburgh is on men’s health, and by running in aid of Prostate Scotland, you’ll help us in our work to tackle prostate cancer and disease: an important cause as nearly one in two men may get prostate disease at some stage in their lives. Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men in Scotland- with one in ten at risk. The good news is that the survival rate from prostate cancer has been increasing and by supporting us, you’ll help us to help increase it further.
Once you set off from the top of the historic Royal Mile, this stunning city centre route takes you downhill onto the Mound, where you’ll run past the Edinburgh Castle on your left with the Scottish National Gallery on your right. Once you arrive at Princes Street Gardens, you’ll pass the Sir Walter Scott Monument and head onto Waverley Bridge and head down the foot of the Royal Mile. From there you’ll run past the modern Scottish Parliament building, completing a circuit of one side of Holyrood Park. As you loop west, you’ll see Arthurs Seat, Holyrood Palace and Dynamic Earth, before you head along the Cowgate to the Grassmarket. As you reach its hustle and bustle you’re past the halfway point! From there, you’ll continue on to the West Port and Lothian Road. Then you’ll head on to the Western Approach Road, which will carry you on your way to a grandstand finish at BT Murrayfield Stadium, the home of Scottish Rugby.
As a supporter undertaking the Men’s 10K Edinburgh in aid of Prostate Scotland you will receive:
- Pre- race information about how to get sponsorship and fundraise and how to make it easy, safe and fun!
- Specially designed Prostate Scotland T or running shirt/vest and water bottle
- Post- race a Prostate Scotland Certificate of Appreciation
Men’s 10K Edinburgh will provide:
- Great finisher’s medal
- Wicking finisher’s t-shirt
- Accurate chip timing
- Training plan
- Race recovery pack
- And a fantastic running experience!
Looking for a place in other running events? We have places in:
- Virtual Men’s 10K Glasgow – 29 Aug
- Scottish Half Marathon & Scottish 10K – 19 Sept – East Lothian
- Great Scottish Run 10K – 3 Oct – Glasgow
- Women’s 10K Edinburgh – 24 Oct
- Supernova Kelpies 5K – 14 Nov – Falkirk