Great Scottish Run Half Marathon 2022
Date: 2nd Oct 2022
Street Address: George Square
The Great Scottish Run Half Marathon 2022 in Glasgow is back and we’re delighted to have secured free charity places in this popular event for our supporters.
One of Scotland’s biggest running events from the organisers of the Great North Run, the Great Scottish Run is a well known and established weekend of running. It has a fantastic atmosphere with an enthusiastic crowd to cheer you on as you make your way around the city. You’ll pass its famous landmarks, and run through some of its greenest spaces.
Setting off from George Square in the city centre, the route winds through the city centre and then heads south of the river Clyde. You’ll run through Pollock Country Park and then Bellahouston Park, from where you’ll head back north. You’ll see many of the famous Glasgow landmarks – the Armadillo, The Hydro, Finnieston Crane and Pacific Quay – as you run back over to the north side, before heading toward the finish line at Glasgow Green. You’ll cross the River Clyde a couple of times, and there are entertainment zones every few kilometres!
The Half Marathon event is run on the same day as the Great Scottish Run 10K, so there’s lots of atmosphere and support from the crowd to spur you on.
We’ll support you with:
- Pre-race information about how to get sponsorship and fundraise and how to make it easy, safe and fun!
- Training tips and information
- Specially designed Prostate Scotland running shirt/vest
- Post- race a Prostate Scotland Certificate of Appreciation
The Great Scottish Run 2022 will provide you with:
- A fantastic finishers medal, an exclusive finishers t-shirt and a goodie bag
- Access to the free Great Run app to track your progress along the route
- Closed roads offering a safe running environment
- Your personal run pack sent to you in the post, with your run number and timing chip
- Access to training plans to keep you on track
- And more – take a look at the Great Scottish Run website for everything on offer