Edinburgh Marathon Festival Virtual Challenge 2021
Start Date: 1st Jul 2021
End Date: 31st Dec 2021
Street Address: Virtual Event
Country: Run anywhere, at any time!
Sprint into summer with a fitness challenge and be part of the Edinburgh Marathon Festival Virtual Challenge to support Prostate Scotland!
- Are you looking for a new fitness challenge?
- Have you taken up running recently and want to keep your running routine going?
- Are you a keen runner, and missed your usual races last year?
If so, we have the perfect challenge for you to work towards! Why not take up the Edinburgh Marathon Festival Virtual Challenge and fundraise in aid of our work? The EMF team have set up these fantastic virtual events while large scale running events are on hold.
You can complete your event at any time until 31 December 2021. Read the EMF Virtual Running Guide for some handy tips!
- There are multiple distances to choose from, including the marathon, half marathon, team relay, 10k, 5k and junior races. The relay is an ideal event for a household to participate in as a team.
- You’ll receive a finisher’s medal and EMF Wicking finisher’s t-shirt
- You can complete your Virtual Challenge over multiple days. For example, you could complete a 10K Challenge over 2 days completing 5K each day.
- Our supporter Bill achieved his marathon distance by completing a series of 5K runs over several weeks to make up the 26.2 mile distance. Bill fundraised the superb sum of £740!
The key requirement is that you must follow Scottish Government and NHS guidelines on staying safe and on exercise and social distancing
Enter now at Virtual Edinburgh Marathon or you can request a free charity place by filling in the form below.
Edinburgh Marathon Festival Virtual Challenge entrants will receive the following:
- Downloadable training plans
- Personalised Event Number
- Personalised Event Information Pack, to help you prepare for your challenge
- Downloadable audio countdown to kick start your challenge in style
- Prostate Scotland running shirt or vest
And upon completion you will receive the following:
- A finisher’s medal to mark your fantastic achievement!
- EMF Wicking finisher’s t-shirt
- Finisher presentation pack
- Personalised finisher certificate
- Prostate Scotland Certificate of Appreciation
- Plus, you will be added to EMF 2021 Virtual Challenge finisher listing
You can also connect your JustGiving fundraising page to the fitness app Strava to keep you motivated and keep your family and friends updated on your progress.
Please do get in touch if we can help any further, either at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0131 603 8664. Our Supporter Care team is currently working remotely and we are on hand to help with any queries.
Looking for a place in other running events? We have places in:
- Virtual Men’s 10K Glasgow – 29 Aug
- Scottish Half Marathon & Scottish 10K – 19 Sept – East Lothian
- Great Scottish Run 10K – 3 Oct – Glasgow
- Women’s 10K Edinburgh & Men’s 10K Edinburgh – 24 Oct
- Supernova Kelpies 5K – 14 Nov – Falkirk
- Edinburgh Marathon Festival – 28/29 May 2022